Inspection services company, incorporated in USA.
Petroleum Inspection SCP Inc. is authorized representative of EUROCERT in Middle East. SCP Inc. offer Expertise with diversified experience in supply chain labor and sustainability practices, our experts and advisers offer relevant and in-depth expertise to your business. SCP Inc has experience in a range of industries including; Textiles, Agriculture, Food processing, Engineering and Oil & Gas.
SCP Inc a global business services organization, respected world over for the development of Codes, descriptions, specifications, standards; assessment of management systems and certification of products and services; providing HR solutions; and the delivery of training courses.
SCP Inc is proud of our role in public safety and work hard each day to help the world move forward – one safe step at a time. Together, we can make a difference so if you’d like to make a real impact, make us your first choice!
SCP Inc. is in the leading position in Audit, Assessment, Inspection services for Health & Safety, Environment and Social Responsibility. SCP support businesses in improving responsible and sustainable global supply chains benefiting all stakeholders. Our aim is to positively impact millions of people and their communities as we support global sustainability through profitable business.
Industry: Oil & Gas,Chemical
Functional Area:Refineries and or Storage Tanks
Inspection Contract: Third Party
Reference Number: DBX-14502
Listing Date: 26.05.2014
Closing Date: 31.10.2014
Job Location: UAE
Responsible for performing quantity determination inspections of ships, barges and pipeline transfers of petroleum, petrochemical and chemical products in UAE.
• Field Inspectors physically collect sample, measure, and take the temperature of vessel’s tanks and shore tanks utilizing a variety of methods dictated by company and API procedures.
• Calculates and reports quantities transferred and perform full reconciliation of petrochemical products.
• Accurately complete all required reports and forms.
• Work in cooperation with client’s representatives, Customs, vessel personnel, government agents and shore facility personnel to insure accurate results are achieved.
• Maintain regular communication with office staff with reference to job status, problems, concerns, etc.
• Maintain knowledge and adhere to the latest industry and client procedures and standards as provided by SCP.
• Individual must be dependable and reliable whose daily presence adds to the success of the Department.
• Provide guidance and assist in the training of Inspector Trainees.
• Operate to the highest standards of ethics, in accordance with the SCP Statement of Integrity.
• Assist in other branch duties as assigned (Dispatching, filing, sampling disposal, etc.).
– Minimum 14 years schooling.
– Candidates with 2-4 years experience as it relates to refineries, pipeline, barges, tanker man, off shore with working knowledge and experience of gauging, sampling of petrochemical products preferred.
– Must have flexible schedule and be available 6 days on (24 hour on call) 2 days off. Able to work extended or abnormal hours (evenings, weekend / holiday) when scheduled.
– Most dispatchs are scheduled, but candidate must be able to respond to dispatch within 45 minutes, of call.
– All required licenses must be maintained in an active status without suspension or revocation throughout employment.
– Must have reliable insured transportation, with sufficient room to carry equipment. (Will be provided with vehicle/gas allowance.
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization or while representing the organization.
– Basic math comprehension with an aptitude for fractions.
– Must be able to perform job duties as it pertains to:
• Working outdoors during adverse weather conditions (rain, heat, cold, etc.,)
• Must be able to work in confined spaces.
• Must be able to climb storage tank ladders and stairs, typically 30 to 65 feet high.
• Must be able to climb vessel gangways, stairs, ladders, etc.
• Must be able to carry up to 76 pounds of samples, gear or equipment.
• Must be able to differentiate between colors accurately by sight.
– Depending on situation, may have to utilize SCBA and / respirator. (Will be trained and fit tested).
• Ability to work effectively under pressure, while performing numerous projects concurrently with different deadlines.
• High tolerance for job pressure and extended hours.
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (verbal and written).
• Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment when necessary.
• Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources into solutions.
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to make sound suggestions or recommendations.
SCP provides a competitive compensation package and a wide range of benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement programs, and Company Paid Life Insurance) and a broad range of career opportunities.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex or disability.
• If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please